Course Duration: 15 minutes
Course Points: 15
Tune in to Fintelekt Academy for the latest April 2022 Crypto Monthly Update by Calvin Koo, Cross-Border Disputes and Investigations Lawyer from Kobre & Kim LLP.
In this episode, Calvin covers the recent hack at popular non-fungible-token (NFT) based online game Axie Infinity, crypto regulations for various jurisdictions, steps being taken by regulators across the globe to curb the misuse of crypto, and a round-up of crypto-related enforcement and legal news.
Key issues featured in this update:
- Laundering of US$625 million in cryptocurrency from the Ronin blockchain network hack
- A new rule proposed by U.S. SEC expanding the definition of regulated “dealers”
- European Union parliament in favor of requiring crypto exchanges and other service providers to comply with the Travel Rule
- Rules introduced by South Korean crypto exchanges to comply with the Travel Rule for transactions above about USD 800
- Regulations introduced by Singapore’s Financial Services and Markets Bill for crypto service operators created in Singapore
- Chinese regulators’ stand on NFTs
- Shut down of darknet website Hydra by U.S. DOJ and German Federal Criminal Police
Log in to Fintelekt Academy (free registration required) for this Crypto Monthly Update in the third week of every month!