Course Duration: 16 minutes
Course Points: 15
In this power-packed Crypto Monthly Update for July 2022, Calvin Koo, Cross-Border Disputes and Investigations Lawyer, Kobre & Kim LLP rounds up the latest events shaping the world of cryptocurrencies.
The theme of this month’s update is around the difficulties faced by regulators and legislators to catch up with this fast developing technology.
The key topics covered include:
- Steps taken by regulators across the world to not only bring in policies for crypto, but also push implementation
- Bankruptcy issues faced by major players in the industry
- SEC’s investigation against Coinbase
- Targeted Update on Implementation of FATF’s Standards on Virtual Assets (VAs) and Virtual Assets Service Providers (VASPs)
- Continued threat of ransomware actors
- Changes in the crypto policies in Hong Kong and United Kingdom