Course Duration: 10 minutes
Course Points: 10
Fintelekt Academy presents the Monthly Sanctions Update for September 2021 by Nicholas W. Turner, International sanctions lawyer and Of Counsel at Steptoe & Johnson LLP.
In a power-packed ten minute video, Nick provides a round-up of key developments in economic sanctions and his own commentary around:
- reports that the National People’s Congress in China will not move forward in the near future with a proposal to incorporate elements of the PRC Anti-Foreign Sanctions Law into Hong Kong Law
- two general licenses (14 and 15) issued by OFAC in relation to Afghanistan
- OFAC’s update to a guidance on ransomware payments and the associated sanctions risk
- the Executive Order in relation to Ethiopia threatening sanctions against elements of the local and national governments, and groups engaged in conflict
- OFAC enforcement actions in the month of September involving financial institutions.