Course Duration: 56 minutes
Course Points: 55
Fintelekt Advisory Services and Asian Bankers Association hosted a webinar on AML Enforcement Challenges on February 22, 2022.
The webinar was moderated by Shirish Pathak, Managing Director, Fintelekt Advisory Services. The speakers were Stephen Cutler, Chief Enterprise Risk and AML Officer, OmniPay, Inc., Nicholas Mctaggart, Founder, The Murinbin Group and Avaneesh Raman, Consultant – Fiji & Pacific, Fintelekt Academy.
The key issues that were discussed during the webinar:
- How are AML and financial crime risks evolving due to the Covid-19 pandemic?
- What are some of the new and evolving typologies and trends?
- From an enforcement lens, how has the modus operandi evolved (pre/post pandemic)?
- What are some of the AML prosecution challenges recently observed?
- How does capacity/capability challenges impact enforcement measures?
- From detection to analysis, investigation and successful prosecution, where are the biggest gaps in the AML/CFT framework?
- The benefits of regional public private partnerships